The College of Marine Science is home to the Master’s and PhD in Marine Science degree programs. Our current students are a vibrant part of our community through their research, outreach, and advocacy. The Academic Affairs office seeks to support the whole student as they pursue their degree. Academic Affairs offers a variety of programing and advising throughout the year. (Please note that meetings and programming will be virtual and on MS Teams due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We hope to begin meeting in person soon, as safety allows.
- New Student Orientation (each August)
- Monthly Lunch with the Deans (third Wednesdays)
- Presentations, Workshops & Seminars
- Diversi-Teas (community-wide conversations on diversity, equity, and inclusion)
- Peer Mentors & Multi-Dimensional Mentoring Program
For more information, please contact Sami Francis or Dr. Ana Arellano.
The Office of Graduate Studies also provides professional development workshops and seminars for current students.
- Pd.Education by DoctoralNet
- Graduate Professional Development Certificate
- Professional Development Resources hub
- Career Development Resources for Graduate Students and Post-Docs
- Workshops, Events & More
For more information, please see the OGS Professional Development page.