Important Deadlines and Resources
Deadlines for Graduating Students
- Master’s Graduating Student Checklist
- Doctoral Graduating Student Checklist
- Rules for Defenses
- Notes for Virtual and Livestreamed Defenses
- ETD Registration
- Scroll down to the second section for link and instructions.
- ETD Deadlines
- ETD Workshops & Help Sessions
- URO Apply for Graduation Deadlines & FAQ
- Once on the page linked above, scroll down for instructions on how to apply for graduation in OASIS.
- Take note of the deadlines for the application, particularly to have your name printed in Commencement Brochure
- Need to update the address to where your diploma is sent? Instructions are provided on the page linked above.
- You must submit a graduation application in OASIS in your final term in order for the University to confer your degree. If you applied to graduate in a previous term, but did not fulfill all requirements (i.e., defend or submit to ETD on time), you must apply again in your new final term. There is no penalty for applying to graduate and not graduating in that term.
- Commencement Ceremony Information
- Regalia Information
- Participation at Commencement is not required, and all eligible graduates will receive their diplomas in the mail approximately six to eight weeks after the end of the semester.
- If you choose to walk in Commencement, please let Sami Francis know. Doctoral students, please include if your advisor will be present to hood you.
Email Sami Francis to schedule your grad check appointment.
Progressing Through Your Degree
- Master’s Program Benchmarks, Timeline & Checklist
- Master’s Plan of Study
- Master’s Annual Progress Report template
- Doctoral Program Benchmarks, Timeline & Checklist (Comps, Entry years 2020-present)
- Doctoral Program Benchmarks, Timeline & Checklist (IMSE & PCE, Entry years 2015-2019)
- Progress reports are due March 1 each year. Students and advisors will add to their report file each year. Please use the file provided by the Academic Affairs Office to record your progress.