Steps to Apply
Companies that are technology based and innovation focused are eligible to apply for admission to the Tampa Bay Technology Incubator (TBTI) program. All interested parties must first submit a fully completed application for further processing.
Once the application has been received and it has been determined that the company meets the minimum eligibility criteria, TBTI will proceed with the vetting process.
A phone interview with company management will be conducted before the Needs Assessment. Interview topics may include:
- Company's technology
- Market potential
- Business model, exit strategy
- Stage of development
- Current and anticipated funding, including financial forecast
- Management's background
- Company's expectation
- Coachability of company principals
- Any other items on the application form
Companies may be selected to pitch to the TBTI vetting committee. Presentations will include a 10 minute pitch followed by 15 minutes of questions/answers.
Tampa Bay Technology Incubator evaluates the following criteria before admitting a company:
- A for‐profit technology company that is registered to do business in the State of Florida
- A proprietary technology or innovation that can be commercialized or funded
- A start‐up company (post-idea stage), existing small business in a growth phase, launching a new business project, or a new division of an existing company located outside of the Tampa Bay area
- Experienced management in place with preferably at least one full‐time executive
- Identifiable reasons to leverage the programs and/or services of the University of South Florida, Tampa Bay Technology Incubator and community partners
- Potential and drive to create a significant economic impact on the Tampa Bay area by remaining in the area after graduating from TBTI
- At least twelve-month goals and projections
- Completion of a recognized entrepreneurial program or comparable serial entrepreneurial experience
- Completed business plan or clearly defined business model
- Coachability of management team
- Sufficient capital resources to meet established short-term goals
INTERESTED IN JOINING Our INCUBATOR?
Our staff will contact you to learn more about your company and discuss the program.