The university has many courses and programs that help students explore cultures and worldviews different from their own. These studies—which may address US diversity, world cultures, or both—often explore “difficult differences” such as racial, ethnic, and gender inequality, or continuing struggles around the globe for human rights, freedom, and power. (AAC&U). These programs are located both within the HIPUR office and across the university.
Global Opportunities With HIPUR
Within the HIPUR office, you can earn the Global Citizen Award (GCA). The GCA is a fun and flexible way for USF undergraduate students to develop the qualities of a global citizen and be rewarded for their accomplishments. Students earn the award by completing a personalized adventure that includes globally engaged activities of their choosing. To learn more, visit the HIP Awards page.
Global Opportunities Across USF
- Education Abroad - Study abroad
- Center for Leadership and Civic Engagement - Community service
- Office of Community Engagement and Partnerships - Service learning
- Office of National Scholars - Mentoring for prestigious awards
- USF World - International events
- Office of Multicultural Affairs - iBuddy Program