24/7 Global Assistance
USF 24/7 International Assistance Line
A dedicated phone number that can be called direct or collect from anywhere in the world, +00-1-813-317-5815, is monitored every day, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year to support all members of the USF community who are traveling abroad on University business or through Education Abroad. These individuals may be faculty, staff, students, volunteers, alumni, donors, contractors, colleagues from other institutions, government officials, and anyone else participating on USF-sanctioned international travel.
USF 24/7 International Assistance is not just for emergencies. You can contact this number any time you have a travel-related question or concern. You can even contact us if you have something positive to share with the USF community about your trip. USF 24/7 International Assistance is also there to support USF international travelers’ concerned family, friends, and colleagues.
For Education Abroad travelers, your emergency contacts will receive information on using this assistance line before you depart. Feel free to share this phone number with anyone else who may be monitoring your travel.
International Assistance Line – Instructions for dialing from abroad:
- Dial the international access code for the U.S. (Usually 001 – Check www.howtocallabroad.com/)
- Then dial 813-317-5815
- Identify yourself as a USF international traveler and give the country where you are currently located
- State your name and tell the person what the situation is
- Tell the person the best number to contact you
- Respond to questions and listen carefully to any instructions
A dedicated email address, EAassist@usf.edu, is also monitored on the same cell phone that supports the 24/7 phone number. You may also text the cell phone number. However, because email and text messages may not be readily noticed, if you want an immediate response always call the phone number: +1-813-317-5815.
Uses of the 24/7 Line
Your health and safety is of paramount importance to USF, as well as your family and friends, while you travel internationally. Remember that your emergency contacts will have access to the 24/7 International Assistance Line, so if there is an event that could be perceived as putting you at risk, we strongly encourage you to call it in and report it to us. It will allow us to quickly put other callers at ease. USF also wants you to use USF 24/7 International Assistance to report certain other incidents abroad.
- Any crime of any kind that may impact you directly or indirectly
- Interaction with Law Enforcement or Military (such as being arrested or detained)
- Health issues needing professional care (we can help with activating your USF insurance)
- Mental health issues or concerns
- Discipline problems that are affecting you
- Discrimination, harassment, or retaliation
- Alcohol-related issues that are affecting you
- Missing student
- Natural disaster – floods, earthquakes, typhoons, volcanoes, etc.
- Civil unrest – demonstrations, riots, or acts of war