Transfer Next Steps | Sarasota-Manatee Campus
Congratulations on your admission to USF! The University of South Florida is a leading transfer student destination in the state of Florida, and we’re excited to welcome you to our tight-knit Sarasota-Manatee campus.
Follow these steps to enroll as an official USF student and prepare for the first day of classes. To track your progress as you work through the checklist, visit the myBullsPath student onboarding portal.
You can explore all required needs to enroll at USF or jump to the section relevant to you:
You will be able to complete the following steps immediately after admission to USF.
Please note that activating your NetID is the first step to enrolling at USF, if you have not done so yet.
You may complete the next steps in any order. In this section, you'll:
- Reserve an Orientation Date
- Verify/Update Personal Information
- Submit Medical History and Immunization Form
Reserve an Orientation Date | Required for all transfer students
Admitted transfer students must register for, attend and complete all Orientation requirements. At Orientation, you’ll register for courses, so be sure to sign up for the earliest Orientation date possible to benefit from increased class availability. Orientation reservations open during the following months each year based on entry term:
- Spring Semester - October
- Summer and Fall Semesters - March
If you fail to reserve and complete Orientation, your admission to USF may be cancelled.
Please note: if you previously graduated from USF and are pursuing a second bachelor's degree, you do not need to attend Orientation.
Verify/Update Information | Recommended for all students
Verify or Update Residency Status
- To view your classification, log into the admissions portal and your residency status should display under your "Applicant Info."
- To update your classification as a Florida resident for tuition purposes, log in to the admissions portal, select “Forms”, complete a Residency Declaration Form, and upload any requested documentation.
- Please note: all admissions scholarship dispersements are based upon residency status. If your residency status changes, your award allocation will be updated.
For full information on determining residency, check out our Residency webpage.
We encourage all students to apply for financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) website. This will allow you to be considered for financial aid available based on your expected family income.
Deadlines for the FAFSA each year are:
- October 1 - FAFSA Application Opens
- January 1 - FAFSA Priority Deadline
- June 30 - FAFSA Final Deadline
Please note: if you are an incoming student for the summer semester, you will need to submit the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 FAFSA.
Verify Personal Information
- To view/update your mailing address, telephone number and email address, log in to myUSF and navigate to My Resources > OASIS.
Update Campus, Term of Entry or Major (Optional - As Needed)
- To change your term of entry, visit the admissions portal, select “Forms”, and complete an Application Update Form.
- To change your major after admission, you must reach out to the academic advisor in your new intended major for next steps.
- To change your campus after admission, you must reach out to your academic advisor at your current campus for next steps.
Submit Medical History and Immunization Form | Required for all students
You cannot register for courses until your completed Medical History and Immunizations Form has been received, so be sure to submit it in a timely fashion.
Please note: this form requires formal authorization from a healthcare provider, so please ensure to leave time to complete this task for enrollment.
How to Upload Your Completed Form
There are three methods to upload your completed form:
- myBullsPath: You can log into myBullsPath using your NetID and password. After clicking on the "Submit Required Health Documents" card, you may submit your form directly through the portal. Click "Submit Medical History & Immunization Form" at the top of the page, and you will be prompted to upload your documents from your device to myBullsPath.
- Admissions Portal: Log into the Admissions Portal using your NetID and password. Select "My Workspace", followed by "My Documents" and upload your form.
- Web Submission: You may submit your form directly to Student Health Services through the web submission option.
Please do not send in the form to the Office of Admissions directly. Submit the form only through the approved options above.
Submit Final Transcripts | Required for all transfer students
Once you complete your final semester at your previous institution, you will need to submit your final transcripts from the last institution you attended. If you received an AA at your last institution, please wait until your degree is reflected on your transcript to send to USF.
Your admission is contigent on submitting final transcripts, and we may place a hold on your account to register for future courses if transcripts are not received prior to the first day of class.
If you need to check on the status of your missing documents, visit the Admissions Portal.
If you need to submit your final transcripts, visit our Transcript Submission instructions page.
You may complete the next steps in any order - along with the steps in the "Before the First Day of Classes" section. In this section, you'll:
- Complete Required Courses and Modules
- Purchase a USFCard
- Purchase a Parking Permit
Complete Required Courses and Modules - Required for all students
AlcoholEDU for College and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates (SAPU)
You will receive an email directly from EverFi after Orientation with instructions and links for accessing the modules. EverFi will email your USF email, so make sure you check it regularly! You must earn a score of 80 percent or higher in each module by the deadline to successfully fulfill this student requirement.
Life Skills Modules
- Portal: USF Canvas
- Navigation: Once logged in, click on the course titled Life Skills Module.
Career Readiness Module
- Portal: USF Canvas
- Navigation: Once logged in, click on the course titled Career Readiness Module.
Purchase a USFCard - Required for all students
Your USFCard will be used while you are on campus, including at dining locations and to verify your identity. Request a USFCard before you start at USF through the online process and pick up in-person at office B116. Contact the Sarasota-Manatee campus Cashier’s Office at (941) 359-4220 or e-mail email@example.com prior to arriving on campus to confirm availability.
Please have a driver’s license or some other form of ID available when picking up your ID card.
Purchase a Parking Permit - Required for students parking on campus
Parking permits are required on campus 24/7. Make sure to register your vehicle and pay for your decal before the semester begins.
Please request a parking permit through the online process below and pick up in-person at office B116. Contact the Sarasota-Manatee campus Cashier’s Office at (941) 359-4220 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org prior to arriving on campus to confirm availability.
Please have a driver’s license or some other form of ID available when picking up parking permit.
You may complete the next steps in any order.
Complete Unsatisfied Requirements and Accept Financial Aid Awards
Verify if you have any unsatisfied Financial Aid requirements in OASIS prior to your first day of classes.
- Portal: OASIS
- Navigation: MyUSF > My Resources > Oasis > Financial Aid
Subscribe to eDeposit
The University of South Florida offers the electronic deposit process called eDeposit to all of our customers. eDeposit allows your net financial aid & student refunds to be directly deposited into your personal bank account.
- Portal: OASIS
- Navigation: MyUSF > My Resources > Oasis > Student > Tuition, Fees, & Payment
Familiarize Yourself with USF Tools and Information
Purchase and Organize Supplies for Courses
- The Sarasota-Manatee campus bookstore is located just off campus at 6301 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34243. You can also visit the USF Sarasota-Manatee bookstore online.
- The Sarasota-Manatee campus offers computer lab usage for students.
- We have highlighted specific college apps you might find useful for classes on our Admit-a-Bull blog.
Accessibility Accommodations (Optional - As Needed)
Transfer students may apply for accommodations once admitted to the University of South Florida. Students are responsible for identifying themselves to Student Accessibility Services and present proper medical documentation to receive academic accommodations.
Examples of accommodations can include but are not limited to:
- Alternative Text
- Class Notes and Note Takers
- Test Taking Accommodations
- Hearing Impairment Accommodations
For a full list of accommodations and how to apply, visit the Student Accessibility Services website.
Pay Tuition and Fees (Due by First Friday of Semester, 5 p.m. ET)
Check out our blog for articles on how to successfully navigate the start of your college experience:
- When to Start College Internships?
- 10 Resources You Didn't Know Colleges Offered
- Mental Health in College: Why It's Important and What You Can Do
Making connections at a new college may seem overwhelming but there are tons of ways for you to get involved at the Sarasota-Manatee campus:
- On-Campus Clubs and Organizations - There are many student clubs and organizations available on the Sarasota-Manatee campus for you to join.
- On-Campus Job Opportunities - Convenient on-campus jobs provide numerous opportunities to earn money for college necessities and meet other students outside of the classroom.
- Student Events - With dozens of campus events held yearly on the Sarasota-Manatee campus, you can always find something to do. We host events that range from movie screenings to carnivals and more. The Sarasota-Manatee Campus Activity Board is always hosting new, exciting events for you to hang out and make friends.
- Student Government - If you're interested in making a meaningful impact on the USF community and finding a built-in peer group, you may want to check out Student Government.
- Leadership Development Events - We offer leadership workshops and programs through the Office of Student Engagement to help support your growth as a person, professional and leader.