Living Learning Communities by Interest
The ROTC LLC provides students the opportunity to live in a community with other students who are headed down the path of a commission in the U.S. Armed Forces. While living in the ROTC LLC, students will be exposed to the traditions, customs, and the culture of each military service, in order to develop a sense of camaraderie and identification.
Located In: Maple Hall
Open To: Students in any USF ROTC Program
Benefits of the ROTC LLC Program
- Help foster bonds and establish relationships between each other in pursuit of a common goal
- Participate in a network of peer support that encourages excellence and service
- Develop a "joint" mindset that values the unique cultures of each military service
The ROTC LLC requires members to:
- Be enrolled in an ROTC program at USF
- Attend exclusive social and academic events
- As an upper-class ROTC student, participate as a mentor to new ROTC students
- Students admitted to the ROTC LLC will be assigned to live in Maple Hall, a suite style residence hall just three minutes from the ROTC building
To gain admission to an LLC, you will need to complete an online LLC program application (in addition to the general USF housing application) and be admitted into the LLC program.
When completing an LLC program application that requires longer responses, we recommend typing into a Microsoft Word document that you can save and refer back to if you have any complications. Once you submit an application, a confirmation page should appear. You will also receive a confirmation email in your USF email account. If you do not receive these confirmations, please contact email@example.com, as your application was not received.
LLC Admission Decisions
Once received, your application will be reviewed by the appropriate LLC for a decision on admission. You will be notified via your USF email account regarding your LLC admission status. Each LLC has its own review timeline, but most programs will review applications and begin making application decisions by early March. Admission decisions are for one academic year. Students wishing to return to their LLC for an additional year should contact their program coordinator for specific instructions.
If you are admitted to an LLC, you will automatically be assigned into that community. If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, or the LLC has reached capacity, your housing assignment will be based on the preferences in your general housing application.
If at any point you wish to withdraw an application, or for questions regarding the general housing application, meal plans, payment information, etc., please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-974-0001.