Student Success through the Residential Experience
Congratulations on becoming a Bull! We look forward to you joining our dynamic residential community. Each of our three different residence hall styles can meet the needs of every student. Whether you choose a traditional, suite, or apartment residence hall, you will quickly develop a community bond that will help with your personal and academic success.
Nationally, students who live on campus perform better academically, build connections to the university community, advance their personal development, and adjust to their environment more quickly. Within the residential community, we have full-time Faculty-in-Residence who live on campus as well as Faculty Fellows who are ready to assist in your academic success. The campus residential experience is not just important, it is essential. Living on campus is one of the most important factors to consider when planning educational goals.
Our Residential Curriculum exists to continue the learning outside of the classroom and inside the residence hall. Masters-level professionals foster engaging learning environments within the residence halls that promote academic engagement, interpersonal skills, global citizenship, and holistic personal wellness.
Here's what our 2015 surveyed residents are saying about living on campus:
- 97.3% felt safe residing in USF housing on campus
- 91.4% expressed that living on campus enhanced their time management skills
- 94.6% indicated that living on campus made them a better problem solver
- 94.2% stated that living on campus provided them a stronger social, work, and academic balance
- 95.3% experienced a feeling of acceptance by others in their housing community
- 88.6% were impacted enough by their residential experience that it influenced their decision to live on campus for another year
- 90.3% would recommend living on campus to new students
Living on campus provides a lifetime return on investment. All students are strongly encouraged to live on campus to build a foundation upon which a lifetime of success may be realized.