INTO USF Learning Resource Services
Consulting Sessions Expectations
What to Expect from Consultants
INTO USF consultants are USF students studying in their respective fields or have a background and experience in their content area.
- A Consultant's role is to help you...
- Review information discussed in class
- Understand how to solve sample problems
- Develop a study plan for exams
- Structure and format papers
- Review English grammar rules and pronunciation
- Prepare for and practice oral presentations
- Consulting is...
- A way for you to stay competitive in your classes
- Getting clarification and feedback for papers, assignments, tests...
- A way to plan out your work and get ahead
- Having one-one-one or small group discussions
- Students are not required to attend consulting sessions, but we recommend that students meet with a consultant at least once per week.
- Students are responsible for ensuring that the work they submit or prepare for any class is their own.
- Consultants are not responsible for the grades students earn, and they cannot predict what grades students will earn.
- Consultants may not perform class work, complete exams, or edit essays/papers for students.
- Individual Consulting sessions are available for almost every class that INTO USF students are taking. Students meet, online, one-on-one with a consultant to discuss the information from the course in order to better understand the material.
- Similar to individual Consulting sessions, students can also organize online Small Group Consulting sessions with a couple of their classmates and a consultant as well.