Student Assessment of Instruction
At the end of each course, students are given the opportunity to provide feedback about their course and their instructor(s). This feedback is captured using eXplorance Blue and then made available in the FAIR Evaluations Mart.
The Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning (CITL) here at USF offers many resources to faculty members who would like to maximize the may aspects of teaching evaluation. Please visit their site HERE for more information.
Known issue - CAS Authentication Failure:
Some students are experiencing issues completing their USF Course Evaluations due to a “CAS Authentication” failure issue. If you experience this error, please try the following:
1) Use another browser. If the issue persists in multiple browsers, please specify
which you've used.
2) Use an incognito window. This can be done in Chrome by clicking on the three vertical dots to the right of the search bar, then selecting "new incognito window."
3) Perform a cache clear. Instructions on how to do so can be found at https://www.usf.edu/it/documentation/clear-browser-cache.aspx
4) If you still experiencing issues with this, please contact us at 813-974-HELP (4357) and select option #2.
Frequently Asked Questions for Students:
Q1: I never received my evaluation invitation for one of my classes. Why and how can
I get one?
A1: Generally, there are 4 possibilities for this to occur:
1) Invitation sent to spam folder: Your email invitation may have been sent to your junk email
folder. Check there first to make sure it was not treated as spam.
2) Email failed to send: If there was an issue with your email address or the mail server, you
can always log into Explorance Blue directly at https://blueprod.forest.usf.edu/blue and find
all of your available evaluations by clicking on the dashboard link at the menu on left.
3) Dropped course: If you dropped the course, you will not be able to evaluate the course.
4) Too few students: If you are in a section of the class that has less than 3 students, you will
not be included in the evaluations to protect your anonymity. In this case, you may submit
your feedback to your department directly.
Q2: I forgot to submit my evaluation during the evaluation period and now when I log into the system, it won’t allow me to submit my review. Can you reopen my evaluation so I can submit it?
A2: Unfortunately, no. Once the evaluation period end, we cannot reopen any evaluations. In this case, you may submit your feedback to your department directly.
Q3: I submitted my review to the wrong class and I can’t go back in to correct it. Can you reopen my evaluation so I can change my responses?
A3: You may submit a request for reopening your evaluation here. Depending on the time left in the evaluation period and our backlog, it may not be possible to reopen before the evaluation period ends.
Q4: The instructor listed in my course evaluation is wrong. How can this be corrected?
A4: Please let us know here and we will investigate and, if necessary, remove the erroneous evaluations. Since we cannot add additional evaluations manually, you may submit your feedback to your department directly.
Q5: One of my classes is not showing up in Canvas or in the Explorance Blue system. Why?
A5: If the course that is missing is an alternate calendar course that ends later in the term, you will not receive that evaluation until that course’s evaluation period begins, generally within the last week of class. The other possibility, is that the course has less than 3 students enrolled. If you are in a section of a class that has less than 3 students, you will not be included in the evaluations to protect your anonymity. In this case, you may submit your feedback to your department directly.