Exercise is Medicine®
Exercise is Medicine® On Campus (EIM-OC) calls upon universities and colleges to promote physical activity as a vital sign of health. The University of South Florida (USF) is a part of the growing initiative to prioritize physical activity on campus. EIM-OC encourages faculty, staff and students to work together toward improving the health and well-being of the campus community by:
- Making movement a part of the daily campus culture
- Assessing physical activity at every student health visit
- Providing students with the tools necessary to strengthen healthy physical activity habits
- Connecting university health care providers with university health fitness specialists to provide a referral system for exercise prescription
EIM-OC at USF is committed to the promotion, educational awareness, and integration of physical activity as a vital sign of health and a contributor to student success at the University of South Florida.
EIM-OC at USF strives to see a campus that moves well, moves often, and moves together toward a goal of healthy, physically active, and successful students, faculty, and staff.
events | Spring 2021
- Monday Mile | Feb 8 - Mar 29
- USF on the Move
Would you like more information about how you can be involved in the EIM-OC initiative at USF? Contact A’Naja Newsome, Assistant Director - Fitness (email@example.com).