Visit our Spring 2021 page for up-to-date information concerning our Personal Training options.
Personal Training Services
All of our personal training sessions are one hour in length. Our personal trainers are certified through one of the top national certification agencies such as ACSM, NSCA, ACE or NASM. Many of our trainers also have a degree in the field of Exercise Science or are currently pursuing their degree in such a field. Sign up for personal training at any of our fitness facilities.
Individual Training Packages
Commit to be fit with one of our affordable personal training packages. Most packages include everything you need to begin your fitness journey including a fitness assessment.
12, 16, and 20-session packages are eligible for payroll deduction for USF faculty & staff members.
Get started today!
New Personal Training Clients
Step 1: Complete the online New Client Registration form here. You must complete this before you purchase your sessions online.
- New clients must submit the online registration form that includes a health history questionnaire. Clients will receive an email within three (3) business days confirming that they are clear for physical activity or if a physician’s clearance is needed.
- Only once the new client is cleared they may then proceed to Step 2 below.
- If a physician’s clearance is needed, you must download the form here and have a primary care physician complete and follow the directions for submitting to Campus Recreation. NOTE: Your physician’s office must email or fax the completed form directly to Campus Recreation on your behalf. We will not accept forms directly from clients.
- New clients will not be paired with a certified personal trainer until after payment has been made.
- A personal trainer will contact you within 3-4 business days of payment being made online to schedule your initial consultation which includes a body composition analysis, fitness assessment, and goal setting.
Personal Trainer Client Renewal
- Your trainer will be notified that you have purchased additional sessions. Your purchase must be made before scheduling your next session.
Body Composition Testing
Students: $10, Members: $12
Clients will have a choice between a three-site skin fold measurement is taken with calipers or a body composition analysis via the InBody 570 to determine the amount of lean body mass versus the amount of fat body mass. The measurements are compared to ACSM recommended measurements. Personal Trainers provide general guidelines for how to improve body composition.
Students: $25, Members: $30
A complete assessment of baseline measurements to determine current fitness level and identify training needs and modalities. Measurements include heart rate, blood pressure, body composition, waist-to-hip ratio, cardiovascular endurance, muscular endurance and strength, and flexibility.
Payroll deduction is now available for personal training!
Faculty and staff can now purchase personal training packages through payroll deduction. A valid Campus Recreation membership (also eligible for payroll deduction) is required. For more information regarding payroll deduction for personal training, please contact A'Naja Newsome at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (813) 974-4436.
Interested in becoming a Personal Trainer?