Funding and Scholarships
- Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research (OeAD) | Database searches yield scholarship and award results across numerous fields of study.
- Boren Awards for International Study
- The European Commission's Erasmus Mundus Scholarships | Scholarships are available for students to attend graduate courses as well as study/research in partner institutions in the European Union.
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) | DAAD is the "German national agency for the support of international academic cooperation." It promotes international academic relations and cooperation by offering "mobility programs" for students, faculty, and administrators in higher education. It also represents the German higher education system internationally, promotes Germany as an academic and research destination, and helps build collaborations between institutions globally.
- The Institute of International Education | IIE manages more than 200 programs with participants from more than 185 countries. In the last year alone, more than 27,000 people participated in IIE managed programs. Use the program finder to explore opportunities.
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) | The JSPS provides support for available research opportunities on specifically identified initiatives, research fellowships, international collaborations, university research and education, and university-industry research cooperation. This support ranges from funding students to funding top world-level research centers.
- Norwegian Center for International Cooperation in Education (SIU) | Opportunities are funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and exist for students of all levels to study at institutions of higher learning in Norway.
- U.S. Department of Education's International and Foreign Language Education Office
- U.S. Department of State's Critical Language Scholarship Program | Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) institutes provide fully-funded group-based intensive language instruction and structured cultural enrichment experiences for seven to ten weeks for U.S. citizen undergraduate, Master's, and Ph.D. students.
- USF Muma College of Business Global Engagement Opportunities
- USF College of Public Health Opportunities
- USF Institute for the Study of Latin America and the Caribbean (ISLAC)
- USF Office of National Scholars (ONS)
- USF Student Government's Conference Presentation Grants
- USF World
- The Chateaubriand Fellowship Program | Supports doctoral research of U.S. students in France. Sub-programs are available for students in: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM); and Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS).
- Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships Program | This program provides fellowship allocations to institutions of higher education
to assist graduate students in foreign language and area or international studies. Students
should visit here for a list of currently funded FLAS institutions and contact the
schools directly regarding selection procedures and competition schedules.
- Fulbright-Hays Training Grants – Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad | Opportunities are available to fund individual doctoral students who conduct research
in other countries in modern foreign languages and area studies for periods of 6 to
- Inter-American Foundation Grassroots Development Ph.D. Fellowship Program | This fellowship is available to those Ph.D. students who have advanced to candidacy
and are seeking funding for dissertation research in Latin America and the Caribbean
on grassroots development issues. Funding will not be supported for clinical research
in the health field.
- Fulbright Postgraduate Student Award at the University of South Florida, in honour of Judy Genshaft | This award enables a British student to pursue a Ph.D. at USF for up to four years. This funding is covered in the first year by the Fulbright Award, and in years two, three and four by a teaching/research assistantship at USF.
- USF Graduate School
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- Judy Genshaft Honors College
- Office for Undergraduate Research