Thank you for joining us on campus!
Please select your term to view your hall closing date & time and review the additional information on this page.
- The residence halls will close at noon on Saturday, June 24.
- Residents will checkout at Holly L.
Summer AB / B / SSS
- Students with a Summer Session C Student Housing Agreement will need to check out of their residence hall by noon on Saturday, July 22.
- Residents will check out at the Holly M Service Desk.
- Residents with an active fall assignment who wish to stay on campus until the residence halls open for fall must read the Break Stay section for additional instructions.
General Closing Information
- All residents are expected to vacate their rooms 24 hours after their last exam or by Noon on August 5 (noon on July 22 for Summer C and noon on June 23 for Summer A), whichever comes first.
- Limited carts and bins will be available during move-out. We recommend bringing your own cart based on this limited availability. Please visit the Holly K to check out a cart.
- Remember to take your bicycle with you when you leave. Abandoned bicycles will be removed.
- All trash must be removed and taken to the designated trash sites. Ask your RA for the location of the designated site in your area. There will be a charge for trash left in rooms, suites, or common areas.
- You are responsible for removing discarded furniture and carpet from campus. These items may not be thrown in the dumpsters. Failure to cooperate with removal of these items from campus will result in a $50 hauling fee per item charged to the owner.
3 Steps to Complete Your Check-Out
1. Complete Your Room Check-Out Checklist
- Remove all personal belongings from your room prior to your check-out time. All abandoned property will be collected, removed, and disposed after 30 days.
- If you have items you wish to donate, please see these local donation centers accepting items.
- If you have a bike, you must take it with you or it will be disposed. Return all furniture to its original position. (There is a $30.00 charge to re-assemble or move furniture).
- Remove posters, tape/decals and residue, nails, hooks, etc. from walls, windows, and mirrors.
- Clean your room and/or apartment thoroughly. Clean the refrigerator and clean the stove and other appliances in the apartment, if applicable.
- Apartment style common areas must be cleaned each time a member of the living unit checks out, otherwise cleaning charges will apply - regardless of who is responsible for clean-up.
- Please remove trash and sweep/vacuum the floor. Trash must be placed in an appropriate dumpster. (Trash left in the room is subject to a trash disposal fee).
- Set your thermostat to 72 degrees. If your thermostat has a fan speed setting, set it to AUTO.
- Verify your window(s) are closed and the latch is locked. Close your blinds, rotating them to the open position.
Failure to complete these steps will result in an improper checkout fee of $100.00,
as well as any applicable damage fees.
View Hall Damage Charges (excluding The Village)
View The Village Hall Damage Charges
We suggest taking pictures of the condition of your bedroom/suite/apartment for your records. You do not need to submit these photos unless otherwise asked to by a team member.
2. Complete Your Check-Out
Return your keys to your service desk Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. or Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
If you are leaving campus outside of these hours, you can complete an Express Check-Out. If you are completing an Express Check-Out, pick up your express check-out envelope outside the Holly M desk. Place your keys inside, fill out the required information on the envelope and drop your envelope off at the designated key drop box for your residence hall.
Please note: Express check-out envelopes will only be available when the service desks are closed.
Lost/Damaged Key Charges
Core Change: $50/core
Key Replacement: $15/key
Temporary Access Card: $15 if not returned
Key Tag: $10/damaged or unreturned tag
Bent/Broken Key: $6
Note: Lost key charges will vary based on your residence hall location. You will be
responsible for all keys that need to be reissued to roommates and suite/apartment
Room Condition Report
- Once you have completed your check-out, Residential Education staff will enter your room and complete the Room Condition Report (RCR) using the RCR you signed when you moved into the space.
- Significant room damages will be confirmed by the A/RLC.
- Official confirmation of charges will be emailed to your USF email account. Please review Room Damage Charges for a breakdown of potential charges.
- Other applicable damage charges include hauling, lost keys, and cleaning charges if you fail to properly check out of your room/apartment.
3. Update Your Mailing Address
- If you are vacating your hall, please remember to update your forwarding address in the Housing Portal and contact any pending deliveries to update your delivery address. This includes updating your default address in Amazon. To access the mail forwarding form in the Housing Portal, choose My Account, My Profile, and then choose Mail Forwarding Information.
- If you are transitioning or returning for fall, your mail/packages will be routed to your respective mailpoint for fall, if applicable.
- If you are not returning and you fail to change your address in the Housing Portal, your mail/packages will be returned to sender.
- Please update your address on OASIS before leaving as other offices at the university will use this address to send you information over the summer.
Parking regulations are in place and enforced on the USF Tampa campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please review the Parking Rules & Regulations.
- Please do not park in any "Disabled Parking" space unless displaying a proper state-issued Disabled Parking placard, hangtag, or license plate.
- Please do not park in Numbered, Reserved, or Labeled parking spaces.
- When parking, please note that the Publix parking lot is not a USF parking lot and non-customers parked in the lot will be addressed by Publix Management.
- Learn more on the Parking & Transportation Services website.
Residents wishing to donate items such as clothing, furniture, appliances, etc., can drop off their items at one of the below donation centers near the university. Please call ahead to confirm hours of operation.
St Vincent de Paul Society Thrift Store - Tampa
12310 N. Nebraska Ave Tampa, FL 33612
Metropolitan Ministries Thrift Store
2101 N. Florida Avenue, Tampa 33602.
2021 E Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612
The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center
13910 N Nebraska Avenue, Tampa, FL, 33613
If you are staying in the same space in the fall:
View Break Stay Rates | To request break stay: login to the Housing Portal, select Housing Forms, select Break Stay Request, select Summer 2023 - Fall 2023, then complete the form and submit the request.
If you are in a double occupancy room and are not moving out, make sure your room is clean and ready to welcome your new roommate. Please ensure that the spaces for your new roommate are clean and clear. Housekeeping may need to enter your space to clean the empty areas for an incoming roommate, where applicable.
If you are staying in a different room in the fall:
Sign up for Break Stay in the Housing Portal by Monday, July 24 at noon to remain
in your room, or to move to your new housing assignment, through the break and into
the fall term. The nightly rate for your room type will be calculated and applied to your account
as a single charge (not including costs for summer AB, B, or C). Residents who fail
to submit the form by July 26 must find alternate housing arrangements for the break.
Residents participating in break stay housing must be available to move out of their summer assignment into their fall assignment beginning on Friday, August 4, 2023.
View Break Stay Rates | To request break stay: login to the Housing Portal, select Housing Forms, select Break Stay Request, select
Summer 2023 - Fall 2023, then complete the form and submit the request.
On Friday, August 4 or Saturday, August 5, you will pick up your fall housing assignment key(s) at Holly L. The service desks will be open from 8 a.m. - 11 p.m. on Friday, August 4 and 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. on Saturday, August 5. You will receive an e-mail to your USF e-mail account with the timeframe your key(s) will be available for pickup.
Have a question?
Contact your RA or your service desk:
Holly M: 813-974-7000
For assistance finding any locations referenced on this page, please refer to the Residential Maps.