The Ideal Candidate
Housing & Residential Education (HRE) at the University of South Florida is looking for candidates who are innovative educators. Our department seeks candidates who have an understanding in student engagement, academic initiatives, who value and promote global citizenship and social justice, who demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, and who can identify and encourage wellness constructs and healthy lifestyles to their students.
- Maintain role as educator who is student centered
- Facilitate the implementation of the Curriculum for Engagement and Learning.
- Contribute to and facilitate Lesson Plan development.
- Work with Resident Assistants and community managers to develop communities that foster student engagement.
- Utilize theory and assessment data to educate RAs/CMs about the needs of their community.
- Build collaborative relationships with Faculty in Residence, Living Learning Community partners, and other HRE professional staff.
- Utilize multiple educational strategies to provide intentional student learning and development opportunities.
- Implement the Residential Curriculum in everything that you do (i.e. conduct, budgeting, advising, supervising, and department and university committees.)