All international students and scholars who are new to USF, or who are arriving to the U.S. as a USF student for the first time, are required to attend an Immigration Check-in upon their arrival to USF.
What is Immigration Check-In Process?
Immigration Check-in is the process by which an international student advisor checks that your immigration documents show the correct status, and that your Glo-Bull Start checklist has been completed correctly. Immigration Check-in is a separate event from your Undergraduate or Graduate orientation.
WHEN IS IMMIGRATION CHECK-IN?
Immigration Check-ins are scheduled multiple times a week starting 30 days prior to each semester. You must check-in by the third week of the semester. You must attend an Immigration Check-in during the term of your admission or first arrival to the U.S.
WHERE IS IMMIGRATION CHECK-IN?
Immigration Check-in is held virtually through Microsoft Teams.
To Sign Up for Immigration Check-In:
After you have arrived in the U.S., click on the link below to open the Virtual Immigration Check-in Sign-up E-form. Review the available sessions and make plans to attend a session. You can sign-up for a session up to 15 minutes before the session start time.
Immigration Check-In Process Tips:
- Students must complete ALL Post-Arrival E-Forms, except the Local Address E-Form, BEFORE attending Immigration Check-In. *If your E-Forms are not complete you may be asked to reschedule.
- Students having trouble completing E-forms should either email email@example.com for assistance, or visit the office during walk-in hours.
- The most recent I-20 or DS-2019, I-94, and POE stamp should be uploaded to the appropriate E-Forms.
- INTO to USF Change of Level and Transfer students should upload their new USF degree seeking I-20.
- Students should enter their local mailing address in OASIS as soon as possible, even if it’s a temporary address. This includes a hotel address or a friend’s address. The address can be updated.
Virtual(MS Teams) Immigration Check-in Tips:
- We recommend you download and install the Teams application on the device you will use during Immigration Check-in. Your device must be capable of both audio and video so we can speak to you and see you.