H1B, 0-1, and TN (in US) Process at USF
Basic Eligibility for an Employment-based Visa
- The hiring unit is a university system college, department, or division that pays the employee with a university paycheck.
- The official university position description requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a specific discipline or area. This typically applies to faculty and administrative positions only.
- The USF position is for full-time (1.0 FTE) employment.
H1-B, O-1, and TN (in US) Process
- International individual is offered employment and receives an official USF offer letter.
- USF internal approval forms are completed, signed, and sent to OIS.
- Links to internal approval forms
- Links to Export Control Forms
- After OIS connects the department with the USF Designated Counsel, all relevant data is collected from the employee and department /law firm to file the petition.
TN Process Via US Port of Entry
- The TN visa can be obtained via travel from Canada or Mexico to a US port of entry. This visa is available to Canadian and Mexican citizens who possess the minimum qualifications for a profession listed in the NAFTA Agreement.
- The hiring department works with OIS for the appropriate employment letter and travel instructions.