Before You Arrive
iStart is our international student portal!
New International Students:
All new international students must use iStart to complete the Glo-Bull Start checklist. The Glo-Bull Start checklist is designed to guide students through all of the tasks they must complete as a new international student at USF.
You will receive an email asking you to begin your Glo-Bull Start checklist after our office has been notified of your admission.
Continuing International Students and Students on OPT:
As a continuing student or a graduate who is still participating in OPT, you will continue to use iStart to submit requests and information updates to our office.
Requests Available Online through iStart:
NOTE: Some E-Forms have limited availability based on student immigration status. If you are unable to see an E-Form or receive an “Access Denied” message when attempting to open an E-Form that you believe you should have access to, please contact OIS.
F-1/J-1 Student Services
- Reduced Course Load Request
- Travel Signature Request
- Program Extension for F-1 Students
- Program Extension for J-1 Students
- OPT Information Update
- F-1 Transfer OUT – SEVIS Release Form
- Reprint Lost/Stolen/Damaged I-20/DS-2019
- J-1 On Campus Employment Authorization
- OPT STEM Extension
- Study or Research Abroad Approval Form
- Update Financial Documentation
- Update Passport
- Update Port of Entry Stamp & I-94
- Update Visa Stamp
- Upload Updated Dependent Documents
- Add Dependents
- Citizenship Change Request Form
(for students who have become permanent resident aliens)
- Merging PDFs: If you need to combine multiple pdf files into one pdf you can use various free tools. Adobe provides a free pdf merge tool at https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/online/merge-pdf.html
- File Upload Size: E-form file uploads are limited to a combined size of 20Mbs per e-form. If you receive an error when trying to upload documents make sure you have not exceeded the upload limit. You may need to lower your document resolution or quality settings.
- File Name Errors: Make sure your upload files have a proper file extension (Ex. .pdf) and that the
filenames do not include any special characters (*,;,%,$, etc)