Before You Arrive
iStart is our international student portal!
New International Students:
All new international students must use iStart to complete the Glo-Bull Start checklist. The Glo-Bull Start checklist is designed to guide students through all of the tasks they must complete as a new international student at USF.
You will receive an email asking you to begin your Glo-Bull Start checklist after our office has been notified of your admission.
CLICK HERE FOR HELP ACCESSING YOUR GLO-BULL START CHECKLIST
Continuing International Students and Students on OPT:
As a continuing student or a graduate who is still participating in OPT, you will continue to use iStart to submit requests and information updates to our office.
Click here for general ISTART TIPS
Requests Available Online through iStart:
NOTE: Some E-Forms have limited availability based on student immigration status. If you are unable to see an E-Form or receive an “Access Denied” message when attempting to open an E-Form that you believe you should have access to, please contact OIS.
F-1/J-1 Student Services
- Reduced Course Load Request
- Travel Signature Request
- Program Extension for F-1 Students
- Program Extension for J-1 Students
- OPT Information Update
- F-1 Transfer OUT – SEVIS Release Form
- Reprint Lost/Stolen/Damaged I-20/DS-2019
- J-1 On Campus Employment Authorization
- OPT STEM Extension
- Study or Research Abroad Approval Form
- Update Financial Documentation
- Update Passport
- Update Port of Entry Stamp & I-94
- Update Visa Stamp
- Upload Updated Dependent Documents
- Add Dependents
- Citizenship Change Request Form
(for students who have become permanent resident aliens)
- Merging PDFs: If you need to combine multiple pdf files into one pdf you can use various free tools. Adobe provides a free pdf merge tool at https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/online/merge-pdf.html
- File Upload Size: E-form file uploads are limited to a combined size of 20Mbs per e-form. If you receive an error when trying to upload documents make sure you have not exceeded the upload limit. You may need to lower your document resolution or quality settings.
- File Name Errors: Make sure your upload files have a proper file extension (Ex. .pdf) and that the
filenames do not include any special characters (*,;,%,$, etc)