Living Learning Communities by Major
The STEM Living Learning Community (LLC) is a stimulating living learning environment that was created to meet the needs of incoming first-year STEM students interested in various science, technology, engineering, and math areas. The goals of the STEM LLC are to assist students in achieving academic and personal success while fostering an understanding of the multiple career pathways available to graduating STEM students. The STEM LLC is open to all students enrolled in STEM majors. We also encourage STEM students to enroll in the STEM Academy. Learn more about the STEM Academy
Located In: Cypress Hall
Open To: All students enrolled in STEM majors
What will you do?Some of the activities and events students could be involved in as part of the STEM LLC include:
- Participate in academic activities on campus and at other scientific facilities in the region.
- Tutoring in subjects such as math, chemistry, and English in the LLC residence hall
- Interactive meetings and events with faculty and professionals
- Presentations and workshops on academic involvement, civic engagement, research opportunities, career exploration, CV/résumé building, and interviewing
- Group social activities
- Ability to learn about classes, programs of study, internships, research and career opportunities
- Formation of study groups with other LLC students and study areas within the residential community with tables and white boards
- Ability to attend informal STEM seminars and workshops held in the residential community
- Small group meetings with faculty and distinguished guests
- Opportunities to closely interact with individuals working in related areas or professions
- Programming designed to enhance academic success (e.g., time management, study skills)
To gain admission to an LLC, you will need to complete an online LLC program application (in addition to the general USF housing application) and be admitted into the LLC program. Please note that you are limited to one LLC program application per academic year.
When completing an LLC program application that requires longer responses, we recommend typing into a Microsoft Word document that you can save and refer back to if you have any complications. Once you submit an application, a confirmation page should appear. You will also receive a confirmation email in your USF email account. If you do not receive these confirmations, please contact email@example.com, as your application was not received.
LLC Admission Decisions
Once received, your application will be reviewed by the appropriate LLC for a decision on admission. You will be notified via your USF email account regarding your LLC admission status. Each LLC has its own review timeline, but most programs will review applications and begin making application decisions by early March. Admission decisions are for one academic year. Students wishing to return to their LLC for an additional year should contact their program coordinator for specific instructions.
If at any point you wish to withdraw an application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are admitted to an LLC, you will automatically be assigned into that community. If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, or the LLC has reached capacity, your housing assignment will be based on the preferences in your general housing application.
For questions regarding the general housing application, meal plans, payment information, etc., please contact email@example.com or 813-974-0001.