What Is Considered On-Campus
- Work on the school grounds where the student is employed directly by the I-20 or DS-2019
issuing institution (USF). Students are only authorized to work on the USF campus
listed on their I-20 or DS-2019.
- Work on the school premises, where the student is employed by a commercial firm which
provides essential services to students. Some examples of these on-campus commercial
firms are Aramark (Provides Food Services On-Campus), USF Bookstore, or Moffitt.*
- Some ares on campus are questionable. For example the Research Park you could be hired
by USF to work at the front desk which would be considered on-campus. However they
also leases out spaces to outside companies and to professors for personal research.
If you are hired by one of these entities this would not be considered has on-campus
- There are other areas on-campus that are known to not be on-campus such as Publix,
The Alumni Center, The Embassy Suits, and Tutor-a-Bull*
- You also cannot Uber, Lyft, work for note taking companies, work for companies outside US while living in the US, or sell items on-line*
*If the position is on the USF campus, but not paid with a USF check, please ask OIS before you accept the offer of employment.