On-Campus Employment


F-1 Student Employment

F-1 students are eligible to work on campus at the campus listed on their I-20. This matches your home campus. During the Fall and Spring semesters, you may work part-time (20 hours per week or less). During the Summer semester and authorized breaks, you may be eligible to work more hours. On-campus employment must stop when you have completed your area of study program.

J-1 Student Employment

J-1 students may work on-campus with prior written approval from their program sponsor (the institution that issued their DS-2019). All on-campus work, including assistantships, is limited to a combined total of 20 hours per week during the Fall and Spring Semesters. See On-Campus Employment for details.

Other Visa Types Employment

Employment options for other visa types that are not F/J are very limited and differ by each visa type. If you have questions about your employment options, please see the link below.