Tampa Advising Offices
Student Government Advising
HOURS & LOCATION
Our office is located on the fourth floor in the Student Government suite in the Marshall Student Center, MSC 4300.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00am through 5:00pm. Office staff can often be found there after hours in support of frequent Student Government evening activity.
In our work to support the inner workings of USF's Student Government, we provide guidance, training and operational duties, including:
- Assist with SG student leadership and staff transitions
- Advise the SG branches, entities, and agencies including but not limited to Apartment Business Expo, Student Planner/Handbook, Student Body Elections, USF Day at the Capitol, Bulls Blitz, Off-Campus Housing web site, the Student Memorial Ceremony, and the Activities & Service Fee Recommendation Committee.
- Provide one-on-one and group advising to SG members and assist in guiding the training and development of all SG student employees and volunteers that will lead to their respective success as students now and as citizens post graduation.
- Create, present, coordinate, and plan leadership training and development workshops on pertinent topics, including the annual leadership retreat.
- Attend/Advise SG standing meetings as well as hiring, ad hoc, task force and special initiatives during the year as needed.
- Provide administrative office support and human resources support services for all SG student employees.
- Attend other university staff meetings and divisional initiatives as a representative for SG Advising/SG.