Meet the Senate
The USF SG Senate is comprised of 3 committees and SenEx. All members of the senate are each placed on a committee. These committees have special focuses that each senator works to fulfill. To learn more about the committee's and the business that they are currently working on - please reach out to any of the students below. Please note that all meetings are subject to change.
Summer Meeting Date and Time: TBD, Microsoft Teams Policy Channel
The Senate Committee on Policy shall:
- Review all constitutional amendments, non-budgetary bills, and resolutions submitted to the committee chairperson by the office of the Senate President for the purposes of legality, efficiency, and tangibility.
- Have the power to amend any legislation put forth to the committee.
- Review standing legislative documents and recommend improvements when necessary.
- Require all legislation to go through at least one reading in committee.
- Collaborate with and assist the Office of the Attorney General on projects and initiatives.
Summer 2022 Meeting Date and Time: TBD, Microsoft Teams Ethics Channel
The Senate Committee on Ethics shall:
- Be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the office of Student Government and all associated entities.
- Review all Executive Branch nominations put forth by the Student Body President for confirmation, with the exception of all Cabinet members, Directors, and elected officials which shall be confirmed by the Senate.
- Review all Judicial Branch nominations put forth by the Student Body President for confirmation.
- Investigate complaints and grievances against Student Government or any Activity and Service fee funded entity.
|Quynh Nhu Dang
Summer 2022 Meeting Date and Time: Fridays from 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM, Microsoft Teams Relations Channel
The Senate Committee on Relations shall:
- Help facilitate relations between the student body and Student Government as well as their state and local governments in order to create awareness of any student issue.
- Conduct surveys based on issues relevant to the student body.
- Review all state, local and federal legislation that may affect the student body.
- Be in contact with all Florida Student Association representatives and receive reports on any student related issues within the organization.
- Propose new services and programs to advocate for student issues that may be executed by the Executive Branch.
- Write resolutions related to imperative student issues that have been brought forth to the committee.
Chair | email@example.com
Meeting Date and Time: TBD, Microsoft Teams SenEx Channel
Amanda Zainab Sleem
Kenneth “Kenny” Bright
|Andrea Carolina Cepparo Costa